Asian Style Pulled Tofu
with rice, edamame, creamy Wafu cabbage and a Gochujang, soy and honey sauce
35 min. | 558 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Cook the rice Bring a pot with 1.5 2P | 2 3P cups of boiling water. Pour the rice, cover and cook for 10-12 minutes over low heat.
2. Setup Grate the tofu. Thinly slice the green onion.
3. Cook the tofu Heat up a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the tofu for 6-8 minutes or until it's crispy and colored. Add salt and pepper. When the tofu is crispy, turn off the heat and add the sauce. Mix.
4. Make the sauce Mix the soy sauce with the Gochujang, the honey, the sesame oil, the juice of a quarter lime and a pinch of sugar, to taste.
5. Mix the cabbage Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Blanch the edamames for 2 minutes then drain. Meanwhile mix the cabbage with the Wafu sauce. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
6. Plate your dish Serve the rice in a bowl and garnish with the tofu, the cabbage, the edamame and the green onions. Garnish with the sesame seeds. Add lime juice, to taste. Fun fact: In the Korean language, the word gochujang is characterized by a bitter chili sauce. Gochujang is used in many Korean dishes to add spicy taste.Bon appétit!
100gSliced red cabbage
15gGrilled Sesame Seeds
What you need pan, pots, bowls, strainer, box grater
% daily value
% daily value