Beef Meatballs with Onion Gravy
1. Setup Thinly slice the onion and mushrooms. Chop the Swiss chard and parsley. Put the demi-glace in 1 2P | 1.5 3P cup of water. Put the broth cube in 3.5 2P | 5 3P cups of hot water. Rinse the barley.
2. Start the risotto Heat a drizzle of oil and 1 tbsp of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the mushrooms 3 minutes until browned. Add salt. Add the Swiss chard and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Cook the risotto Add the barley and mix well. Gradually add the broth, stirring frequently over medium heat, until all the broth is absorbed. The whole process takes about 20-25 minutes. The barley will be al dente. Add the Parmesan, sour cream, salt and pepper.
4. Cook the meatballs Make 3-4 meatballs per person with the ground meat. . Add salt and pepper. Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the meatballs for 4-5 minutes. Remove from the pan.
5. Make the onion gravy Add the onion to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the demi-glace and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, return the meatballs to the pan and cook for 6-7 minutes.
6. Plate your dish Serve the meatballs with the barley risotto. Garnish with parsley. Bon appétit!
280 g Ground Beef
0.5 unit Yellow Onion(s)
30 ml Demi-Glace
180 ml Pearled Barley
100 g White Mushrooms
2 unit Swiss Chard
15 g Grana Padano Cheese
1 unit Sour Cream
1 unit Fresh Italian Parsley
1 unit Vegetable Broth Cube(s)
What you need pans, bowl, tongs
% daily value
% daily value