1. SetupPreheat the oven to 400°F. Chop the shallot. Thinly slice the garlic. Cut the broccoli into pieces. Cut the potatoes into small cubes.
2. Cook the potatoesPlace the potatoes in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Add salt. Bring to a boil and cook 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain, then mash with milk and butter to taste. Add the cheddar and mix. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
3. Cook the pattiesMix the ground beef with the shallot, salt and pepper. Make 2 small patties per person and place on a baking sheet covered with baking paper. Toss the broccoli with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper and add to the baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
4. Make the garlic chipsHeat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the garlic slices for about 1-2 minutes until browned. Remove from the pan and place on a paper towel.
5. Make the sauceAdd 0.5 broth cube, the Worcestershire sauce, peppercorns and 1 2P | 1.5 3P cups of water to the pan. Bring to a boil and cook 4-5 minutes over medium-high heat until the sauce reduces by 2/3. Add the sour cream, whisk, and let stand 2-3 minutes off heat.
6. Plate your dishServe the patties with the sauce, mashed potatoes and broccoli topped with the garlic chips. Bon appétit!
0.5unitBeef Broth Cube(s)
What you needsheet pan, bowl, pan, whisk, pot, strainer, potato masher