1. SetupPreheat the oven to 425°F. Chop half of the onion and thinly slice the rest. Chop the cilantro. Cut the lime in half. Drain the black beans.
2. Make the black bean mixtureIn a pan over medium-high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil. Cook the chopped onions2-3 minutes. Add the tomato paste and the spice mix number 1. Mix well and add the black beans. Mash the black beans lightly with the back of a wooden spoon. Add 120 2P | 180 3P ml of water. Lower the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
3. Cook the tortillasBrush the tortillas with olive oil and spread on a baking sheet. Bake for 5-6 minutes. Once out of the oven, when the tortillas are still hot, sprinkle with the spice mix number 2.
4. AssembleSeparate the cheddar cheese between half of the tortillas and place a second tortilla on top of the cheese. Return to oven for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
5. Make the sauce and the pickled red onionsIn a bowl, combine the sliced red onions with 2 tbsp of vinegar, 2 tbsp of water and 1 tbsp of sugar. Add a pinch of salt and mix well. Reserve. In another bowl, combine the guacamole, the sour cream, the lime juice and the cilantro.
6. Plate your dishGarnish the tostadas with the black bean mixture, the sauce and the pickled red onions. It's possible to leave everything on the centre of the table and let everyone help themselves. Bon appétit!