1. Set up Season the beef with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the flour as to cover all the meat. You can place the meat in a bag along with the flour and shake vigorously to optimaly cover the meat. Dice the slices of bacon, peel and halve onions and crush garlic to remove skin. Break oyster mushrooms into pieces. Finely chop the chives and remove the leaves from the parsley. Peel and thinly slice the rutabaga. Use a mandoline for better results. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Prepare the rutabaga "Spread the slices of rutabaga in an ovenproof pan in several layers . Mix the cream, the nutmeg and a few sprigs of thyme. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover the rutabagas with the cream mixture, and add 2|3 tbsp of unsalted butter. Cover with some foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for 30 minutes. Let it cool for 1 hour before serving. "
3. Seize the beef In a saucepan, brown half of the bacon until lightly browned, then set aside. In the same pan, brown the onions on the open side for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Set the onions aside on a plate. In the same pan, heat a drizzle of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Sear beef** for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until well caramelized. Set aside on a plate.
4. Add toppings Remove the fat from the pan. Add 200ml | 300ml water, the stock cube, garlic, bay leaf, thyme, bacon and beef. Place the onions on top of the beef. It is important that the meat is half covered with liquid (add or remove liquid as needed). Cover and bake for 2 hours, or until the meat is very tender.
5. Cook the oyster mushrooms "In a skillet, cook the remaining bacon until golden brown. Set aside on a plate. In the same skillet, add the oyster mushrooms and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until they are well browned. Place the oyster mushrooms in a bowl and add the bacon and herbs. Set aside.
6. Plate your dish Cut the rutabaga into wedges and place on a serving plate. Add the beef, and top it with the bacon and oyster mushroom mixture. Add a small amount of cooking sauce and serve immediately. Enjoy your meal.
400 g Beef Short Ribs
15 ml All-Purpose Flour
2 unit Bacon
1 unit Yellow Onion(s)
1 unit Garlic Clove(s)
1 unit Beef Broth Cube(s)
1 unit Parsley, chives and thyme
1 unit Bay Leaf
60 g Oyster Mushrooms
1 unit Rutabaga
250 ml Cream 35%
2.5 ml Ground Nutmeg
What you need Skillets, pot, ladle
% daily value
% daily value