1. Cook the duckPreheat the oven to 400°F. Score the fat of the duck without piercing through to the flesh. Put the fat side down in a pan and cook for 15-18 minutes over low heat. The fat will render and become crispy. Beware of splattering. Flip the breast, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the desired tenderness. Season with salt and pepper.
2. SetupCut the tomatoes into small pieces. Chop the shallot and 1/4 of the basil. Cut the lemon into wedges. Cut the broccoli into small pieces. Place the broccoli on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Add a drizzle of oil, half the parmesan, salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until browned.
3. Cook the pastaBring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta3-5 minutes until tender. Drain.
4. Make the bruschetta preparationIn a bowl, mix the tomatoes with the shallot, chopped basil, a drizzle of oil, 1-2 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Reserve.
5. Prepare the pestoIn a food processor, add the garlic, spinach, almonds, remaining parmesan, juice of half a lemon and 1/3 2P | 1/2 3P cup of oil. Blend everything into a pesto. Season to taste. Mix the cooked pasta with the pesto and broccoli.
6. Plate your dishSlice the duck and garnish with the bruschetta preparation. Serve with the pesto pasta and a wedge of lemon. Bon appétit!
180gEgg Pappardelle Pasta
30gGrana Padano Cheese
What you needsheet pan, pan, pot, strainer, food processor, tongs, bowls