Butternut Squash and Tomme Polenta Gnocchis with Oyster Mushrooms and Roasted Maple Chicken Thigh
90 min. | 834 kcal | hard | | Printable version
1. Cook the squash Preheat the oven to 350°F. Peel the squash and scrape out the seeds. Cut squash into 3/4-in cubes. Place 180g (400ml)2P | 270g (600ml) |3p squash cubes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 25-35 minutes, or until the squash is cooked. Let cool for a few minutes. Using a food processor or a blender, purée the squash until smooth. Chop the chives and seperate the oyster mushrooms from one another. Shred the cheese.
2. Cook the polenta and prepare the gnocchis In a casserole, bring to boil the milk, 1/2 cup2P | 3/4 cup3P of water and a pinch of salt. Add the polenta and whisk until it thickens; approximately 1 minute. Add the cream, squash puree, butter and grated cheese. Mix well. Pour mixture in a piping bag. On a cutting board, pipe squash mixture into 1 cm diameter logs. Let cool for 5 minutes, and cut into 2 cm sticks. Set aside.
3. Prepare and cook the chicken Remove the backbone of the thigh (Refer to the Chef's Class vidéo for this step). Brush with oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a drizzle of oil in an oven-safe skillet. Sear the chicken on medium-high heat for about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to the oven and cook for 20 minutes (350F).
4. Make the sauce In a saucepan, heat a drizzle of oil over medium heat and cook the shallot for 3 minutes. Add the maple syrup/soy sauce mix and reduce to a half. Add the demi-glace and 1 cup of water. You could also pre-mix your demi-glace. Bring to a boil and set aside. Remove the chicken from the oven, brush with 3 tablespoons of the maple syrup sauce and return to the oven for 20 minutes, brushing more sauce occasionally.
5. Cook the gnocchi In a non-stick pan, heat a drizzle of oil and 1 tbsp. butter. Cook the oyster mushrooms for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally . Season with salt. Add the chives and set aside. In the same skillet, cook the gnocchi for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
6. Plate your dish Serve the gnocchi and mushrooms on a plate. Place a piece of thigh with the crispy skin over the gnocchis and add a little sauce. Bon appétit!
25gGoat cheese wheel of Charlevoix
60mlSauce Mix(maple syrup,soy sauce)
What you need Hand blender, sheet pan, sauce pan, whisk, non-stick pan, oven pan, mandoline, piping bag
% daily value
% daily value