Café Frida's Sweet Potato Tartare
with a small cucumber radish salad and tortilla chips
40 min. | 672 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Cook the sweet potato Preheat the oven to 375°F. Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into small tartare sized cubes, ideally into a quarter inch cubes. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Add the sesame oil, a light drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender but still hold together as cubes. Let the sweet potatoes cubes cool down completely in the fridge.
2. Setup Thinly slice the cucumbers and radish into fine julienne. Chop the herbs and the green onion. Roughly chop the peanuts. Cut the tortillas into triangles. Tear up the nori sheet into very small pieces.
3. Make the salad Mix the cucumbers with the radish, half of the herbs, half of the green onion, the peanuts, 1 tbsp. of rice vinegar, 1/2 tsp. of sugar, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper.
4. Bake the tortillas Place the tortillas on a baking sheet. Add salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes, until browned.
5. Make the tartare Mix the sweet potato cubes with the mayonnaise, the rest of the herbs, the spices, the nori, lime juice to taste, salt and pepper.
6. Plate your dish Serve the tartare with the cucumber salad and the tortilla chips. Bon appétit!
45mlVegane Spicy Mayonnaise
1unitDill and Coriander
4unitWheat tortilla(s) 6in
15mlSpice Mix (paprika,chili flakes,grilled sesame seeds,garlic powder)
What you need bowls, sheet pan
% daily value
% daily value