Caper and Dijon Mustard Chicken Breast
with millet and honey basil parsnip, zucchini and parmesan salad
35 min. | 739 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Bring a pot of water to a boil for step 3. Cut the parsnip and zucchini into small cubes. Finely chop the basil. Zest the lemon.
2. Cook the vegetables Heat up a drizzle of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the parsnip for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Add the zucchini and cook an additional 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Add salt and pepper.
3. Cook the millet Add the millet to the pot of boiling water and cook for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Drain, then mix with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Add some lemon juice to taste.
4. Cook the chicken While the vegetables are cooking, start cooking the chicken. Pat the chicken dry then season with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat up a drizzle of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes. Flip, cover and cook on low heat for 6-9 minutes on or until the center of the chicken is cooked. Remove from the pan and let it sit before slicing. Add half of the Dijon mustard, the capers and 1/2 2P | 2/3 3P cup of water to the same pan. Bring to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes or until it becomes a sauce.
5. Mix the salad In a bowl, whisk the honey with half the Dijon mustard, the zest and juice of a quarter of a lemon, the basil and a drizzle of oil. . Mix the cooked vegetables with the sauce and the parmesan. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
6. Plate your dish Serve the chicken with the caper sauce, the millet and the vegetable salad. Bon appétit!
15gGrana Padano Cheese
What you need pans, pot, strainer, bowl, whisk, tongs, zester
% daily value
% daily value