Cheddar Pierogies in Rosemary and Garlic Butter
with cripsy bacon, brussels sprouts and yogourt
60 min. | 860 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Keep around 1 tbsp of flour aside and place the rest in a bowl. Add half of the yogurt, the eggs, 1 2P | 2 3P tbsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Mix well, form a ball of dough and let rest for a few minutes. Chop the garlic and the rosemary. Peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes. Slice the Brussels sprouts. On a separate board, cut the bacon into small pieces.
2. Make the potato mixture Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Season with salt and bring to a boil. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked. Drain and mash. Add the cheddar cheese, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
3. Assemble the pierogies Flour a work surface with the rest of the flour. Roll out the pierogie dough and cut into rounds using a glass or a cookie cutter. Place a small spoonful of the potato mixture in the center of the dough rounds. Close the round on itself and press well with your fingers to seal the edges. Form around 6-8 peirogies per person.
4. Cook the bacon and the Brussels sprouts In a pan over medium-high heat, cook the bacon for 5-6 minutes or until crisp. Remove and place on paper towels. In the same pan, add the Brussels sprouts and cook for 6-7 minutes.
5. Cook the pierogies Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the pierogies for 2-3 minutes. Drain. In the same pan used for the bacon, add 2 2P | 3 3P tbsp of butter, the garlic and the rosemary. Add the cooked peirogies and coat well for 15 seconds in the rosemary and garlic butter. Cook for around 30 seconds.
6. Plate your dish Serve the pierogies with the bacon and the brussels sprouts. Garnish with the rest of the yogurt. Bon appétit!
2unitGreek Yogourt 2%
What you need Pots, pans, paper towels, bowls.
% daily value
% daily value