Chicken cooked then marinated in a vegetable, vinegar and raisin broth with rice and herbs
30 min. | 773 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Preheat the oven to 400°F. Thinly slice the bell pepper, onion and garlic. Cut the carrot into very small pieces. Chop the herbs.
2. Cook the rice Bring a pot with 1.5 2P | 2 3P cups of water and 0.5 2P | 0.5 3P broth cube to a boil. Pour in the rice, cover and cook over low heat for 10-12 minutes. Mix with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper.
3. Make the marinade Heat a drizzle of oil in an ovenproof pan over medium high heat. Cook the spices and raisins for 1-2 minutes. Add the bell pepper, onion, carrot and 1 tbsp. of sugar and cook 5-6 minutes over medium heat. Add salt and pepper. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add 3/4 2P | 1 3P cup of water, the rest of the broth cube and 1/4 2P | 1/3 3P cup of cider or wine vinegar. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Put everything in a bowl.
4. Cook the chicken Pat the chicken dry. Add salt and pepper. Cook in the pan for 5-7 minutes per side over medium heat.
5. Finish in the oven Return the marinade to the pan with the chicken. Bake everything in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
6. Plate your dish Serve the chicken with the rice. Garnish with the fresh herbs. Bon appétit!
1unitOrganic Nantes carrot (s)
15mlDried Raisins Corinthe
1unitVegetable Broth Cube(s)
10mlSpice Mix(coriander powder,cumin seeds)
What you need ovenproof pan, pot, bowl
% daily value
% daily value