Chimichurri Spiced Chicken Skewers
with rice, cucumber tzatziki and warm tomato, roasted zucchini and onion salad
35 min. | 658 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Bring a saucepan with 1.5 2P | 2 3P cups of water to a boil for step 2. Cut the zucchini into small cubes. Cut the tomato into small wedges. Thinly slice the onion. Grate the cucumber. Zest the lemon. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
2. Cook the rice Add the rice to the pot of boiling water. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes over low heat. After cooking, add some butter, to taste, with some salt and pepper.
3. Cook the zucchini Warm up a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the zucchini cubes for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Add salt and pepper. Put them in a bowl with the tomatoes, the onion (to taste), the lemon zest, a little lemon juice, a drizzle of oil, some salt and some pepper.
4. Cook the chicken Mix the chicken cubes with the spices, a drizzle of oil, some salt and some pepper (to taste). Thread the chicken cubes onto the skewers. Add a drizzle of oil to the pan, if needed. Cook the skewers for 4-6 minutes on each side over medium heat until the chicken is cooked. For the BBQ: Preheat grill to medium high heat. Add skewers and cook, turning occasionally, until the chicken is completely cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
5. Make the tzatziki While the chicken cooks, mix the yogurt with the grated cucumber, a drizzle of oil, some lemon juice (to taste), some salt and some pepper.
6. Plate your dish Serve the skewers with the rice, the tzatziki and the salad. Bon appétit!
1unitGreek Yogourt 2%
8gChimichurri Spice Mix
What you need Pan, Pot, Tongs, Bowls, Box grater.
% daily value
% daily value