1. Adjust the steps of the recipe for your childrenTo make things different, you can cut the grilled cheese into slices and dip them in the soup.
2. SetupChop the onion and the garlic. Grate the carrot. Pick the thyme leaves from a few stems.
3. Make the soupHeat a drizzle of oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrot and thyme. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the stock cube, 1 2P | 1.5 3P cup of water, the canned tomatoes, 30 2P | 45 3P ml of tomato paste and the cream. Bring to a boil then simmer for 5-7 minutes over medium heat. Blend to a smooth puree. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
4. Make the grilled cheeseMeanwhile, heat a pan over medium heat. Garnish the slices of bread with cheese and close into a sandwich. Butter both sides of the sandwich then cook in the pan for about 3-4 minutes on both sides or until the cheese is melted.
5. Plate your dishServe the tomato soup with the grilled cheese. Bon appetit!
1unitVegetable Broth Cube(s)
2unitOrganic Nantes carrot (s)
What you needblender or immersion blender, grater, pot, mesuring cup, pan, spatula