25 min. | 636 kcal | intermediate | | Printable version
1. Setup Cut the broccoli into pieces. On a separate cutting board, cut the beef strips into smaller, bite-sized pieces.
2. Cook the rice and mix the sauce In a pot, mix the basmati rice with 1.5 2P | 2 3P cups of water. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes. In the meantime, in a bowl, mix the soy sauce, the sesame oil, the honey, the chili flakes , 15 2P | 30 3P ml of sugar and 15 2P | 30 3P ml of rice vinegar.
3. Cook the beef In a deep skillet, heat up a generous drizzle of oil, on medium-high heat. Reserve about 1 tbsp of corn starch for later. In a bowl, coat the beef strips with the remaining corn starch. Once the oil is hot, gently drop the beef strips and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until brown and crispy. Once cooked, place on a paper towel.
4. Cook broccoli and sauce In the same skillet used to cook the beef, remove the oil. Add the broccoli and a little bit of water. Cook on medium heat, covered for 2-3 minutes. Once the water is evaporated, add the sauce. In a small bowl, mix the rest of the corn starch with 30 ml of water and add the mixture to the pan to thicken the sauce. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low.
5. Assemble Add the crispy beef strips and coat well with the sauce.
6. Plate your dish Serve the crispy beef strips with the basmasti rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bon appétit!
250gInside Round Steak
15mlGrilled Sesame Seeds
What you need skillet, bowls, pot, paper towel
% daily value
% daily value