1. SetupPreheat the oven to 425°F. Thinly slice the onion. Cut the peppers into small cubes. Drain and rinse the beans. Cut the lime into quarters. Chop the cilantro.
2. Cook the beansHeat a drizzle of oil in a large pan on medium-high. Cook half of the onion and the bell pepper for 2-3 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Add the beans and spices to taste and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomato paste, 0.5 2P | 0.5 3P broth cube, a pinch of sugar and 2/3 2P | 3/4 3P cup of water and bring to a boil. Cook until the broth has evaporated. Coarsely mash the beans with a potato masher. Remove from the heat. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
3. Cook the tortillasPlace the tortillas on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Top half of the tortillas with the bean mixture and mozzarella. Fold the tortillas to make half-moons. Brush the top of the tortillas with a light drizzle of oil. Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes until browned. Remove from the oven and allow the tacos to rest for 2 minutes.
4. Pickle the onionAdd 1/4 cup of water, 2-3 tbsp. of vinegar, a pinch of salt and 1-2 tbsp. of sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add the remaining onion to the saucepan and let marinate off heat.
5. Plate your dishMix the guacamole with the cilantro and some lime juice. Serve the quesadillas with the guacamole, pickled onion and a wedge of lime. Bon appétit!