Crispy Potato Taquitos
1. Setup Peel and cut the potatoes into cubes. Cut the tomato. Chop the cilantro, the lettuce and the onion. Zest the lime and cut it in half.
2. Cook the potatoes Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 12-15 minutes. Drain and mash. Add the spice blend, to taste (caution! spicy) and the cheddar cheese. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
3. Make the feta mixture and the sauce In a bowl, crumble the feta, add half of the onion and half of the cilantro. In another bowl, combine the yogurt, the sour cream, the juice of half a lime and the lime zest.
4. Make the pico de gallo In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, the rest of the onions, the rest of the cilantro and the juice of half a lime. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
5. Cook the taquitos In a deep pan, add about an inch of vegetable oil. Heat the corn tortillas for 30 seconds in the microwave to make them easier to fold. Place a large spoonful of the potato mixture in half of the tortilla. Fold up the tortilla. When the oil is hot, fry the taquitos 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and place on paper towels.
6. Plate your dish Garnish the inside of the taquitos with the feta mixture and the lettuce. Close and garnish with the sauce and the pico de gallo. Bon appétit!
8 unit Corn Tortilla(s)
400 g Russet Potato(es)
50 g Mild Cheddar
50 g Feta Cheese
1 unit Cilantro
1 unit Lime
1 unit Boston Lettuce
1 unit Tomato(es)
1 unit Sour Cream
1 unit Greek Yogourt 2%
1 unit White Onion(s)
15 ml Spice Mix(cumin powder,ground chipotle,garlic powder)
What you need Pan, pot, bowls, paper towels.
% daily value
% daily value