Crispy Tofu with Homemade BBQ Sauce
with rice, yogurt and herbed cabbage, bell pepper, cucumber and carrot salad
30 min. | 491 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Cook the rice Bring a saucepan with 1.5 2P | 2 3P cups of water to a boil. Pour the rice, cover and cook over low heat for 10-12 minutes. Season the rice with salt and pepper.
2. Setup Cut the tofu into triangles. Slice the bell pepper into thin strips. Grate the carrot and the cabbage. Thinly slice the cucumber. Chop the herbs.
3. Cook the tofu Warm up a generous drizzle of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Pat the tofu dry. Cook the tofu slices for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer the tofu slices to a large bowl.
4. Make the salad In a bowl mix the cabbage with the carrot, the cucumber, the pepper, the herbs, a drizzle of oil, a pinch of sugar, 1 2P | 2 3P tbsp. of cider or wine vinegar, some salt and some pepper.
5. Mix with the sauce Add the sauce mixture and the juice of half a lemon to the cooked tofu and toss to evenly coat the slices. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
6. Plate your dish Serve the rice in a bowl and garnish with the tofu slices, the coleslaw and the yogurt. Bon appétit!
115mlSauce Mix (ketchup,maple syrup,soy sauce,piri piri sauce)
1unitFresh Parsley and Basil
1unitGreek Yogourt 2%
What you need Pan, Tongs, Pot, Bowls, Box grater.
% daily value
% daily value