Crunchy Mozzarella Bites
on roasted vegetable couscous with basil and caper vinaigrette
30 min. | 890 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Preheat the oven to 425°F. Mince the red onion and the basil. Slice the bocconcini in half. Cut the tomato(es) and pepper into cubes. Bring a pot of water to a boil.
2. Cook the couscous Add the couscous to the pot of water. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the couscous is tender. Drain. Meanwhile, mix the capers with 3/4 of the basil, 1 tbs of cider or wine vinegar, a pinch of sugar and 1/4 to 1/3 cup of olive oil. Add salt and pepper. Mix the vegetables with the couscous and the sauce. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
3. Cook the vegetables Put the pepper, theonion and the tomato(es) on a tray with baking paper and a drizzle of oil. Add salt and pepper and cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes until colored.
4. Bread the cheese Add salt and pepper to the cheese. Whisk the egg in a bowl. Dip the cheese into the flour, then into the liquid egg and into the breadcrumbs.
5. Cook the cheese Heat a pan with a genreous drizzle of oil on high heat. When the oil is hot, cook the cheese for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden.
6. Plate your dish Serve the couscous with the cheese and the basil. Bon appétit!
What you need Pot, pan, strainer
% daily value
% daily value