1. Cook the riceBring 1.5 2P | 2 3P cups of water to a boil. Peel and thinly slice the ginger. You can also grate it if you want the dish to be less spicy. Cook in the water for 1 minute and remove with a slotted spoon. Add the rice to the boiling water, cover and cook over low heat for 10-12 minutes.
2. Pickle the gingerPut 1/3 cup of rice or wine vinegar in a pan with 1 tbsp of sugar and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute until the sugar is dissolved. Put in a bowl with the ginger and let marinate.
3. SetupPeel and grate the carrot(s). Slice the cucumber(s) in half, scrape out the seeds with a spoon and thinly slice. Tear or mince the nori sheet. De-shell the shrimps.
4. Cook the pankoHeat a pan over medium-high heat. Add the panko and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden and crispy. Remove from the pan.
5. Cook the shrimpsAdd a drizzle of oil to the pan and cook the shrimps for 4-5 minutes until they turn pink.
6. Plate your dishServe the rice in a bowl and garnish with all the ingredients to taste. Serve each part of the meal family-style and let your children make their own sushi bowl. Bon appétit!