1. SetupPreheat the oven to 425 ° F. Cut the eggplant into rings. Chop the basil.
2. Cook the pastaBring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the fettuccine for 8-10 minutes. Drain and add a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Coat the eggplantIn a bowl, mix together the panko, the parmesan and the dried oregano. Season with salt and pepper. In another bowl, place the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Dip the eggplants in the egg mixture and then coat in the panko mixture.
4. Cook the eggplantIn a deep skillet, add a generous drizzle of oil. Once the oil is hot, cook the eggplants2 minutes on each side or until crispy. Remove from the pan and place on a paper towel.
5. Bake in the ovenPour the tomato sauce in an oven safe dish. Add the fried eggplants and cover with a little bit more of the tomato sauce and add the mozzarella cheese. Cook for 10-12 minutes.
6. Plate your dishServe the eggplants parmigiana with the fettuccine and garnish with chopped basil. Children can smell the basil and choose for themselves how much they want to add to their dish. Bon appetit!
50gGrana Padano Cheese
What you needBowls, pan, pot, oven safe dish, paper towel.