40 min. | 751 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Preheat the oven to 400°F. Finely chop the onion, parsley, garlic, cucumber and tomato. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Cut the lemon into wedges.
2. Make the falafels Put the chickpeas in a food processor with the spices, half the onion, half the parsley, salt and pepper. Add 2-3 tbsp. of oil. Pulse until well combined but not pureed.
3. Bake in the oven Make small balls with the falafel mixture. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and flatten the balls slightly. Lightly brush the falafels with a drizzle of oil. Bake for 25-28 minutes in the oven, flipping halfway through.
4. Make the tabbouleh Bring a saucepan with 1 2P | 1.5 3P cups of water to a boil. Pour the couscous, cover and let the couscous absorb the water off heat, about 5 minutes. When the couscous has absorbed the water, break it up with a fork. Add the rest of the onion to taste and the parsley, the tomato, the cucumber, some lemon juice to taste, a generous drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Mix together.
5. Make the sauce In a bowl, mix the hummus with the tahini, garlic to taste, a pinch of salt and 2-3 tbsp. of water.
6. Plate your dish Heat the pita breads for 1 minute in the oven if desired. Serve the falafels with the tabbouleh, hummus sauce, pita bread and lemon wedges. Bon appétit!
33gSpice Mix (cumin powder,onion powder,dried dill,all-purpose flour)
2unitFresh Italian Parsley
What you need sheet pan, bowls, food processor, saucepan, strainer
% daily value
% daily value