Fattoush Salad and Beef Meatballs
with sumac, crispy pitas and a yogourt and mint sauce
25 min. | 526 kcal | easy | |
1. Setup Preheat the oven to 425°F. Chop the *garlic, the parsley and the mint. Cut the romaine lettuce and the pita bread into pieces. Slice the cucumbers, the shallot and the radishes. Cut the cherry tomatoes and the lemon** in half.
2. Cook the meatballs In a bowl, combine the beef with half the garlic. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Form around 6 meatballs per person and spread on a baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
3. Make the cripsy pitas In a skillet over medium-high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil. Cook the pieces of pita for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden and crispy.
4. Make the salad In a bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, the cherry tomatoes, the cucumbers, the shallot, the parsley, the sumac, the juice of half a lemon and a drizzle of olive oil. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
5. Make the sauce In a bowl, combine the yogurt with the rest of the garlic, the mint and the juice of half a lemon. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
6. Plate your dish Serve the beef meatballs with the salad. Garnish with the sauce and the crispy pitas. Bon appétit!
280 g Ground Beef
1 unit Pita(s)
1 unit Romaine Lettuce Heart(s)
1 unit Fresh Mint and Parsley
250 ml Cherry Tomatoes
2 unit Lebanese Cucumber(s)
1 unit Greek Yogourt 2%
1 unit Lemon
2 unit Garlic Clove(s)
15 ml Sumac
1 unit Shallot
1 unit Radishes
What you need Baking sheet, pan, bowls.
% daily value
% daily value