Fattoush Salad and Beef Meatballs
with sumac, crispy pitas and a yogourt and mint sauce
25 min. | 526 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Preheat the oven to 425°F. Chop the *garlic, the parsley and the mint. Cut the lettuce and the pita bread into pieces. Slice the cucumbers, the shallot and the radishes. Cut the cherry tomatoes and the lemon** in half.
2. Cook the meatballs In a bowl, combine the beef with half the garlic. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Form around 3-4 small meatballs per person and spread on a baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
3. Make the cripsy pitas In a skillet over medium-high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil. Cook the pieces of pita for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden and crispy. Put on a paper towel.
4. Make the salad In a bowl, combine the lettuce, the cherry tomatoes, the cucumbers, the shallot, the radishes, the parsley, the sumac, the juice of half a lemon and a drizzle of olive oil. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
5. Make the sauce In a bowl, combine the yogurt with the rest of the garlic, the mint and the juice of half a lemon. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
6. Plate your dish Serve the beef meatballs with the salad. Garnish with the sauce and the crispy pitas. Bon appétit!
1unitFresh Mint and Parsley
1unitGreek Yogourt 2%
What you need Baking sheet, pan, bowls.
% daily value
% daily value