30 min. | 689 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Chop the garlic and the green onions. Cut the broccoli into florets. On a separate board, cut the chicken into pieces.
2. Cook the rice Rinse the rice. In a pot, add the rice and 1.5 2P | 2 3P cups of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cover. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
3. Cook the broccolis Steam the broccoli or cook in boiling water 2-3 minutes. Drain and reserve.
4. Fry the chicken In a deep skillet over medium high heat, add a generous amount of oil. In a bowl, combine the chicken with half of the soy sauce. In another bowl, mix 30 2P | 45 3P ml of cornstarch and flour. Coat the chicken pieces in the flour mixture. Once the oil is hot, cook the chicken pieces for 3-4 minutes or until crispy. Remove from the oil and place on paper towels.
5. Make the sauce Remove the oil from the pan. Add the garlic, the rest of the soy sauce, the brown sugar, 0.5 2P | 1 3P bouillon cube, 0.5 2P | 1 3P cup of water 1 tbsp of vinegar and the chili flakes, to taste (caution! spicy). Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and add the rest of the cornstarch. Mix well. Add the fried chicken pieces and coat well with the sauce.
6. Plate your dish Serve the general tao chicken with the rice and the broccolis. Garnish the chicken with the green onions and the sesame seeds. Otherwise, Bon appétit!
0.5unitChicken Broth Cube(s)
15mlGrilled Sesame Seeds
What you need Pots, pan, bowls, paper towels.
% daily value
% daily value