Green Vegetable Quinoa Salad
with cucumbers, green beans, sugar snap peas, parmesan and a homemade carrot and ginger dressing
30 min. | 658 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Cook the carrot Cut the carrot into small pieces. Peel and cut the ginger into small pieces. Place the carrot and the ginger into a small saucepan and fill with enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil and cook for 10-12 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Keep 1/3 2P | 1/2 3P cup of the cooking water, drain and set aside.
2. Setup Bring another pot of water to a boil. Cut the cucumber into small pieces. Thinly slice the snap peas. Chop the herbs.
3. Cook the quinoa Add the quinoa to the boiling water and cook for 12-15 minutes or until they're tender. Add the green peas and the sugar snap peas about 2 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Drain then rinse under cold water to cool down.
4. Make the dressing Put the carrot, the ginger, the reserved cooking water, the honey, the lime juice (to taste) and a pinch of salt in a container. Use a hand blender or a food processor to reduce everything into a smooth sauce.
5. Roast the seeds Warm up a pan over medium-high heat. Roast the pumpkin seeds in that pan for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the heat.
6. Plate your dish Mix the quinoa with the cucumber, the pumpkin seeds, the herbs and the carrot dressing to taste. Garnish with the Parmesan. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Bon appétit!
120gSugar Snap Peas
1unitDill and Basil
What you need Pots, Pan, Strainer, Hand blender, Bowl.
% daily value
% daily value