Ground Chicken and Potato Quesadillas
with bell pepper, mozzarella, cilantro salsa and sour cream
40 min. | 705 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Cook the potatoes Cut the potatoes into small cubes. Put in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Season generously with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain then mash roughly with a fork or potato masher.
2. Setup Slice the bell pepper into thin strips or cubes. Finely chop the red onion. Tear apart the cilantro leaves or chop them. Zest the lime.
3. Cook the chicken Heat a drizzle of oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook the pepper and half the onion for 3-4 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Add the chicken and spices and cook 3-5 minutes until browned. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Add the cooked potatoes and the cheese and mix for 1 minute. Remove the skillet from the heat.
4. Cook the tortillas Garnish half of each tortilla with the chicken and potato mixture. Close the tortillas to make half-moons. Wipe out the pan and add a drizzle of oil over medium heat. When the oil is hot, cook the tortillas for about 1-2 minutes on each side until colored.
5. Make the cilantro salsa In a bowl, mix the rest of the onion to taste with the cilantro, lime zest, a dash of lime juice to taste, a pinch of salt and sugar, a light drizzle of oil and 1 tsp. of cider or wine vinegar if desired.
6. Plate your dish Serve the tortillas and garnish with the sour cream and cilantro salsa. Bon appétit!
14gSpice Mix (smoked paprika,cumin powder,coriander powder,onion powder)
What you need pan, bowls, pot, strainer, potato masher, spatula
% daily value
% daily value