Haddock "Meatballs" in Tomato Sauce
with rice, marinated bell pepper, feta cheese and dil
40 min. | 498 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Cook the potatoes Cut the potatoes into very small cubes. Place in a saucepan with enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil and cook for 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain and then mash completely.
2. Setup Chop the garlic, herbs, shallot and bell pepper. Crumble the feta up.
3. Cook the rice Bring 1.5 2P | 2 3P cups of water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the rice, cover and cook for 10-12 minutes over low heat. Once cooked, add 1 tbsp. of butter, salt and pepper.
4. Cook the fish Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium high heat. Pat the fish dry then season it with salt and pepper. Cook the fish for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked thorough. Break the fish into very small pieces with a spatula. Remove the fish from the pan and put it in a bowl with the mashed potatoes, the garlic, half of the herbs, the spices, the panko, salt and pepper. Make 3-4 meatballs per person.
5. Make the sauce Add a drizzle of oil if needed to the pan. Cook the shallot and pepper for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomato sauce, 1-2 tbsp. of sugar, salt and pepper. Simmer over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Gently add the fish balls to the sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes to warm up.
6. Plate your dish Serve the fish balls and the sauce over the rice and garnish with the remaining herbs and the feta. Bon appétit!
1unitFresh Parsley and Dill
1unitGrilled Bell Pepper
10mlSpice Mix (cumin powder,coriander powder,smoked paprika)
What you need pots, strainer, potato masher, bowl, spatula, pan
% daily value
% daily value