1. SetupPreheat the oven to 425°F. Chop the chives. Slice the apple. Cut the lettuce into pieces. Cut the croissant in half, lengthwise.
2. Make the béchamelIn a pot, add 1 2P | 2 3P tbsp of butter and the flour. Cook for 1-2 minutes over medium heat. Add 200 2P | 300 3P ml of milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat and add half of the dijon mustard. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
3. Assemble and cook in the ovenSpread the croissants on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 2 minutes. Remove from the oven and garnish the lower parts with the ham slices and half of the cheese. Garnish the upper parts with the béchamel and the rest of the cheese. Return to oven and cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
4. Make the saladIn a bowl, mix half of the chives with the rest of the dijon mustard, one tbsp of wine vinegar and a drizzle of olive oil. In a bowl, combine the lettuce with the apples and the dijon mustard sauce.
5. Plate your dishServe the croque-monsieur with the salad. Garnish the croque-monsieur with the rest of the chives. Bon appétit!