1. Cook the milletBring a pot of water to a boil. Add the millet and cook for 15-18 minutes until tender. Drain then toss with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper.
2. SetupCut the tomatoes and lemon into quarters. Slice the cucumbers. Grate the carrot. Tear the pita bread and lettuce into pieces with your hands. Chop the herbs. Pat the shrimp dry.
3. Cook the pitaHeat a drizzle of oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the pita pieces and cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side until browned. Place on a paper towel.
4. Cook the shrimpAdd a drizzle of oil to the pan if needed. Heat the shrimps and cook 1-2 minutes over medium high heat until cooked and pink. Put in a bowl with the chopped herbs, lemon juice to taste, salt and pepper.
5. Make the sauceIn a bowl, whisk the hummus with a bit of lemon juice, a generous drizzle of oil, 1-2 tbsp. of water, salt and pepper. Add 1 tsp. of cider or wine vinegar if desired.
6. Plate your dishMix the lettuce with the millet, vegetables and shrimp in a large bowl. Serve and garnish with the pita chips and hummus sauce. Adjust seasoning to taste. It is possible to leave everything in the center of the table like a salad bar and let everyone help themselves. Bon appétit!
1unitFresh Mint and Parsley
1unitGrean Leaf Lettuce
What you needpan, tongs, bowls, box grater, pot, strainer