Korean Style Crispy Chicken Burger
1. Marinate the chicken Preheat the oven to 425°F. In a bowl, mix the chicken thighs with the buttermilk. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Setup Chop the garlic. Remove the cilantro leaves from the stems. Cut the potatoes into sticks and soak them in a bowl of cold water for a few minutes.
3. Make the fries Pat dry the potato sticks. Spread the potato sticks out on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
4. Cook the chicken In a deep pan, heat about an inch of vegetable oil. In a bowl, combine the flour with the cornstarch. Coat the chicken pieces well in the flour mixture, pressing down so that the mixture sticks well. Once the oil is hot, cook the chicken pieces 3-4 minutes on eahc side. Remove and place on paper towels. Season with salt.
5. Make the sauce In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the gochujang paste, the honey and the garlic.
6. Plate your dish Toast the buns if desired. Top the buns with the crispy chicken pieces, the sauce and the cilantro. Serve with the fries and the rest of the sauce. Bon appétit!
4 unit Chicken Thighs
120 ml Buttermilk
120 ml All-Purpose Flour
60 ml Cornstarch
2 unit Brioche Burger Buns
30 ml Gochujang
45 ml Mayonnaise
1 unit Honey
1 unit Garlic Clove(s)
1 unit Cilantro
300 g Russet Potato(es)
What you need Pan, baking sheet, bowls, paper towels.
% daily value
% daily value