35 min. | 762 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Bring a saucepan with 1.5 2P | 2 3P cups of water to a boil for step 2. Slice the green onions. Zest the lemon and squeeze all of its juice into the same bowl. Roughly chop the nuts. On another cutting board, cut the chicken into small cubes.
2. Cook the rice Pour the rice into the pot of boiling water, cover and cook it for 10-12 minutes over low heat. When the rice is cooked, add the soy sauce and 1 tbsp. of butter, to taste. Mix and keep warm.
3. Cook the snap peas Warm up a pan over medium-high heat. Roast the cashews for 3-4 minutes or until colored. Remove from the pan. Add a drizzle of oil to the same pan. Cook the snow peas and the green onions for 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Remove from the pan. Keep that pan for step 5.
4. Cook the chicken Mix the chicken cubes with 3/4 of the cornstarch and the flour. Add salt and pepper. Fill the bottom of a pan with oil and warm it up over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken pieces 3-5 minutes on each side or until the center is cooked. Remove from the pan.
5. Mix with the sauce Add the rest of the cornstarch, 1 2P | 2 3P tbsp. of sugar and 1/2 2P | 2/3 3P cup of water to the bowl with the lemon juice and zest. Whisk. Put the cooked chicken cubes in the pan reserved earlier and add the lemon sauce. Cook over medium high heat for 2 minutes or until the chicken cubes are fully coated with sauce.
6. Plate your dish Serve the chicken with the rice, the snow peas and the cashews. Bon appétit!
What you need Pans, Tongs, Bowls, Whisk, Pot.
% daily value
% daily value