25 min. | 605 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Preheat the oven to 425°F. Remove the first layers of the lemongrass to keep only the softer layers. Chop the white part of the lemongrass, the garlic, the chili peppers and the cashew nuts. Separate the cilantro and mint leaves from their stems. Cut the carrot into thin sticks. Cut the cucumbers into thin slices. Cut the lime in half.
2. Make the beef mixture In a bowl, combine the ground beef, the garlic, the lemongrass and half of the maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Cook the meatballs Form 4-5 meatballs per person and spread on a baking sheet. It is possible to make smaller meatballs for children.Cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
4. Cook the vermicelli Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the vermicellis and cook for 3-4 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
5. Make the sauce In a bowl, combine the rest of the maple syrup, the lime juice, the fish sauce and the chili peppers, to taste . It is possible to make a part of sauce withoutt the chilli peppers for children.
6. Plate your dish Serve the beef meatballs with the vermicelli, the cucumbers, the carrots and the sauce. Garnish with the cashews, the cilantro leaves and the mint leaves. Bon appétit!
1unitStalk of Lemongrass
1unitFresh Mint and Cilantro
1unitFresh Chili Pepper
What you need Pot, strainer, bowls, baking sheet.
% daily value
% daily value