1. SetupCaution hot pepper! If you have sensitive skin, use gloves to handle the ingredient. Remove the seeds for a milder taste. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Remove the first layers of the lemongrass to keep only the softer layers. Chop the white part of the lemongrass, the garlic, the chili peppers and the cashew nuts. Separate the cilantro and mint leaves from their stems. Cut the carrot into thin sticks. Cut the cucumbers into thin slices. Cut the lime in half.
2. Make the beef mixtureIn a bowl, combine the ground beef, the garlic, the lemongrass and half of the maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Cook the meatballsMake 3-4 small meatballs per person and spread on a baking sheet. Cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
4. Cook the vermicelliBring a pot of water to a boil. Add the vermicellis and cook for 3-4 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
5. Make the sauceIn a bowl, combine the rest of the maple syrup, the lime juice, the fish sauce and the chili peppers, to taste (caution! spicy). It is possible to make a part of sauce withoutt the chilli peppers for children.
6. Plate your dishServe the beef meatballs with the vermicelli, the cucumbers, the carrots and the sauce. Garnish with the cashews, the cilantro leaves and the mint leaves. Bon appétit!