1. SetupThinly slice the mushrooms, cucumber and green onion. Cut the broccoli into small pieces. Peel and chop the ginger. Drain and rinse the lentils.
2. Cook the riceBring a pot with 1 2P | 1.5 3P cups of water to a boil. Pour in the rice, cover and cook for 10-12 minutes. Add a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper after cooking.
3. Cook the mushroomsHeat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium high heat. Cook the mushrooms3-5 minutes until browned. Add salt and pepper.
4. Add the lentilsMix the soy sauce with the sesame oil, ginger and brown sugar. Add the lentils and the sauce to the pan with the mushrooms. Cook 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
5. Cook the broccoliHeat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the broccoli2-4 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
6. Plate your dishServe the rice in a bowl with the lentils, broccoli, kimchi and cucumber. Garnish with the sesame seeds and the green onion.
This recipe is ideal for introducing children to lentils, they will appreciate the sweet and savory touch. Bon appétit!