Maple and Red Curry Sweet Potato Soup
with sweet and spicy roasted nuts, fried ginger and ciabatta
35 min. | 557 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Chop the onion. Peel and cut the sweet potato, carrot and parsnip into small cubes. Peel the ginger and slice it thinly. Zest the lime. Cut the lime into quarters.
2. Start the soup Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Fry the ginger pieces 1-2 minutes until browned. Remove from the pot with a slotted spoon and put on a paper towel. Add the onion, sweet potatoes, carrots and parsnip and cook for 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Add the red curry paste to taste and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the broth Add the broth cube and 3 2P | 5 3P cups of water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 15-18 minutes over medium heat until the vegetables are tender. When the cooking time is up, reduce everything into a homogeneous soup using a blender. Add the 3 2P | 4 3P tbsp. of maple syrup and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
4. Roast the nuts Roughly chop the nuts. In a bowl, mix the nuts with the hot sauce and rest of maple syrup. Heat a light drizzle of oil in a small pan over medium-high heat. Add the nuts and cook 2-3 minutes until browned. Remove from the pan and put in a bowl with the lime zest and a splash of lime juice to taste.
5. Cook the bread Add a bit of oil to the pan. Slice the bread in half or into croutons, as desired. Cook the bread slices for about 2 minutes on each side over medium high heat until browned.
6. Plate your dish Chop the ginger into small pieces. Garnish the soup with the nuts and fried ginger and serve with the bread. Add lime juice to taste. Bon appétit!
15mlRed Curry Paste
1unitVegetable Broth Cube(s)
4unitOrganic Nantes carrot (s)
What you need pot, pan, tongs, blender, slotted spoon
% daily value
% daily value