Maple and Soy Tempeh Khao Soi
Curry and coconut noodle soup originally from Thailand with mushrooms, bok choy and cilantro
30 min. | 833 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Thinly slice the mushrooms, bok choy and onion. Chop the ginger. Cut the tempeh into small cubes.
2. Cook the tempeh Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook the tempeh for 2 minutes. Add the sauce mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove the tempeh from the pan with a slotted spoon. Set aside.
3. Cook the mushrooms Add the mushrooms, ginger and half of the onion. Cook 3-4 minutes or until colored. Add a drizzle of oil if needed. Add salt and pepper.
4. Make the soup Add the curry paste and mix. Add 200 2P | 300 3Pml of coconut milk, the broth cube, 3 2P | 5 3P cups of water, 1 tbsp. of sugar and the juice of half a lime. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 12-15 minutes. Add the bok choy and cook for 2 more minutes. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
5. Cook the noodles Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil. Untangle the noodles a bit then cook the noodles 1-2 minutes or until tender. Drain.
6. Plate your dish Put the noodles in a bowl. Add the tempeh, broth and vegetables. Garnish with cilantro, the remaining onion and lime juice to taste. Fun fact: Khao Soi is a spicy Thai noodle soup made with coconut and curry topped with crunchy noodles and fresh cilantro. You usually have a choice of chicken, pork, or beef, but vegetarian and even vegan options can be found, and we made ours with tempeh! Bon appétit!
30mlSauce Mix (Soy Sauce, Maple Syrop)
15mlRed Curry Paste
1unitVegetable Broth Cube(s)
What you need pot, slotted spoon, spatula, bowl
% daily value
% daily value