Nachos Style Chicken Salad
with corn, bell pepper, tortilla croutons and a creamy cilantro dressing
30 min. | 394 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Cut the pepper into thin strips. Cut the tomato into quarters. Thinly slice the shallot. Drain and rinse the corn. Tear the lettuce into pieces. Cut the tortillas into triangles.
2. Make the tortilla croutons Heat a drizzle of oil in a skillet over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add the tortilla pieces and cook 1-2 minutes on each side until crispy. Place on a paper towel and season with salt.
3. Cook the chicken Pat the chicken dry. Add 3/4 of the spices, salt and pepper to the chicken. Add the chicken to the pan and cook 4-5 minutes on one side. Flip, cover and cook 6-8 minutes over low heat until the center of the chicken is cooked through. Let rest on a cutting board 3-4 minutes before slicing thinly.
4. Pickle the shallot Put the shallot in a bowl. Add 1/2 cup of water, ¼ cup of vinegar, a pinch of salt and 2 tbsp. of sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Pour over the shallot and let marinate.
5. Make the sauce Add the yogurt, cilantro, remaining spices to taste, juice of half a lime and 2-3 tbsp. of water in a small food processor. Pulse until it becomes a sauce. Add a pinch of salt to taste.
6. Plate your dish Toss the lettuce with the bell pepper, tomato, corn, sliced chicken and tortilla croutons. Serve and garnish with the sauce and marinated shallot. Adjust the seasoning to taste add more lime juice if desired. Bon appétit!
1unitGreek Yogourt 2%
1unitGrean Leaf Lettuce
8gSpice Mix (ground chipotle,onion powder)
What you need pan, tongs, bowls, food processor, saucepan
% daily value
% daily value