1. SetupPreheat the oven to 400°F. Thinly slice the onions. Remove the thyme leaves from the stems. Tear the tofu into small pieces. Thinly slice the apple and radish. Tear apart the lettuce leaves.
2. Cook the onionHeat a drizzle of oil and 1 tbsp. of butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the onions, tofu, thyme, 1 tbsp. of sugar and a pinch of salt in the pan. Mix well. Cover and cook for 14-17 minutes over medium-low heat until the onions are very soft.
3. Add the brothDeglaze the onions with 2 2P | 3 3P tbsp. of balsamic vinegar. Cook 1 minute. Add the demi-glace and 2/3 2P | 1 3P cup of water. Cook 2 minutes. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
4. Prepare the saladMeanwhile, mix the lettuce with the apple, the radish, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Add a dash of balsamic vinegar if desired.
5. Bake in the ovenPlace the buns on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Garnish the buns with the tofu mixture. Garnish with the cheese. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
6. Plate your dishServe the buns with the salad. Bon appétit!