Pan Cooked Shaobings: Crispy Flatbreads with a Pork and Cabbage Filling served with Cucumber Salad
1. Make the dough In a mixing bowl, combine the yeast, 175 2P | 270 3P ml of warm water and the sugar. In a separate bowl, combine the flour and a pinch of salt. Add the water and yeast mixture to the flour mixture gradually. Mix well. Knead until a homogeneous ball forms. Add a drizzle of oil. Cover and let rest for 30-40 minutes until the dough doubles in size.
2. Mix the stuffing Finely chop the cabbage and place it in a bowl with a pinch of salt. Mix well and crush to drain. Set aside. Place pork in a bowl and set aside. Finely chop the green onions and ginger and place in a bowl. Add 4 2P | 6 3P tbsp of water and mash well. Let stand for 10 minutes, then combine with the pork. Then add the cabbage mixture, mashing it first with your hands to remove the liquid, followed by the half of the sesame oil, 1 2P | 2 3P tbsp of the sauce mixture (soy and black vinegar), a pinch of white pepper and salt and the sugar. Mix well and let cool in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
3. Make Shaobings Flour your work surface and knead the dough to remove air. Divide the dough into 6 equal parts. Transform the dough into balls, and flatten with a rolling pin to form discs of about 10 cm in diameter. Garnish the discs with the stuffing. Close and seal completely. Avoid putting the stuffing too close to the edges, otherwise the sealing becomes difficult. Gently flatten the shaobings.
4. Cook the shaobings Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the shaobings and cover. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side until golden.
5. Make the salad Cut the cucumbers into quarters, chop the garlic and chili. Crush the cucumbers with the back of your knife and mix with the garlic and chili pepper. Add *salt and sugar to taste. Heat a drizzle of oil to its smoking point and pour into the cucumber salad. Add half the sauce mix** to the salad.
6. Plate your dish Serve the shaobings with the remaining dipping sauce mixture and a little cucumber salad**. Enjoy!
200 g All-Purpose Flour
4 g Instant yeast
150 g Ground Pork
1 unit Ginger
2 unit Green Onion(s)
60 g Savoy Cabbage
10 ml Sesame Oil
5 ml White pepper
3 unit Lebanese Cucumber(s)
1 unit Fresh Chili Pepper
120 ml Sauce Mix(light soy sauce,black vinegar)
1 unit Garlic Clove(s)
What you need bowls, rolling pin, pan, spatula
% daily value
% daily value