1. Marinate the chickenIn a bowl, combine the juice of a lime, the spice mix, the honey, 2 tbsp. of olive oil, some salt and some pepper. Add the chicken thighs and coat well in the marinade. Allow to marinate until it's time to cook them.
2. SetupPreheat the oven to 425°F. Peel the plantain. You can make incisions in the peel of the plantains using a knife and then removing it. It is normal for the plantian to appear not ripe. Cut the plantain into angled pieces. Chop the garlic. Zest the limes and cut them in half. Cut the green onions into pieces. Slice the jalapeño.
3. Cook the chickenSpread the chicken thighs out on a baking sheet. Brush the rest of the marinade on them. Cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
4. Cook the plantainsIn a deep pan, warm up a generous drizzle of vegetable oil. Cook the plantains for 2-3 minutes. Remove the plantains from the oil and lay them out on a flat surface. Smash lightly using a plate or a glass. Return the lightly mashed plantains to the hot oil and fry for another 2-3 minutes. Remove and place on paper towels. Season with salt.
5. Make the sauce and the coleslawIn a blender or using an immersion blender, make a sauce with the cilantro leaves and stems, the rest of the garlic, the green onions, the lime zest, the lime juice, the jalapeños, to taste (caution! spicy) and the mayonnaise. Add a little water if the sauce is too thick. Season with salt and pepper. In a bowl, mix the green cabbage with 1 2P | 2 3P tbsp. of the sauce.
6. Plate your dishServe the chicken with the fried plantains, the coleslaw and the sauce. Bon appétit!
5gSpice Mix (cumin powder,smoked paprika)
100gSliced green cabbage
What you needPan, Bowls, Baking sheet, Blender, Paper towels.