40 min. | 670 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Marinate the chicken In a bowl, combine the juice of a lime, the spice mix, the honey, 2 tbsp. of olive oil, some salt and some pepper. Add the chicken thighs and coat well in the marinade. Allow to marinate until it's time to cook them.
2. Setup Preheat the oven to 425°F. Peel the plantain. Cut the plantain into angled pieces. Chop the garlic. Zest the limes and cut them in half. Cut the green onions into pieces. Slice the jalapeño.
3. Cook the chicken Spread the chicken thighs out on a baking sheet. Brush the rest of the marinade on them. Cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
4. Cook the plantains In a deep pan, warm up a generous drizzle of vegetable oil. Cook the plantains for 2-3 minutes. Remove the plantains from the oil and lay them out on a flat surface. Smash lightly using a plate or a glass. Return the lightly mashed plantains to the hot oil and fry for another 2-3 minutes. Remove and place on paper towels. Season with salt.
5. Make the sauce and the coleslaw In a blender or using an immersion blender, make a sauce with the cilantro leaves and stems, the rest of the garlic, the green onions, the lime zest, the lime juice, the jalapeños, to taste and the mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper. In a bowl, mix the green cabbage with 1 2P | 2 3P tbsp. of the sauce.
6. Plate your dish Serve the chicken with the fried plantains, the coleslaw and the sauce. Bon appétit!
5gSpice Mix (cumin powder,smoked paprika)
100gSliced green cabbage
What you need Pan, Bowls, Baking sheet, Blender, Paper towels.
% daily value
% daily value