1. Cook the barleyPreheat the oven to 425°F. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Pour in the barley and cook for 20-23 minutes over medium-high heat until tender. Drain and set aside.
2. SetupSlice the olives. Chop the basil. On a separate board, cut the chicken breasts in half, lengthwise.
3. Grill the chickenIn an oven-safe pan over medium-high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside.
4. Assemble and cook in the ovenIn the same pan, add the cherry tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes. Lightly mash with the back of a wooden spoon and add the basil. Return the chicken breasts to the pan, spread the pesto on the chicken breasts and add the cheese. Cook in the oven for 6-7 minutes.
5. Make the barley mixIn a bowl, mix the barley with the olives with a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
6. Plate your dishServe the chicken with the tomatoes and barley. You can also let the children help themselves to their fill to develop their autonomy. Bon appétit!