1. Cook the porkPreheat the oven to 375°F. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add salt and pepper to the pork. Cook the pork for 1-2 minutes per side until brown. Transfer to a sheet pan lined with baking paper and cook in the oven for 15-17 minutes.
2. SetupChop the parsley and the garlic. Cut the carrots into sticks.
3. Cook the orzoAdd the orzo to the boiling water and cook for for 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain. Add the parsley and a knob of butter to the orzo. Keep warm. To respect the food preferences of our children, put the parsley in a small bowl and let your childen serve themselves if desired.
4. Cook the carrotsAdd a drizzle of oil to the pan you used for the pork. Cook the carrots over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and 1/4 cup of water. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
5. Make the sauceAdd the pesto and the cream to the pan over low heat. Mix for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the Grana Padano. The sauce should thicken.
6. Plate your dishServe the pork with the pesto cream sauce, the orzo and the carrots. Serve each part of the meal family-style and let your children make their own plate. Bon appétit!