Pork Tenderloin with a Maple Onion Sauce
with cauliflower purée and a cucumber pistachio salad
35 min. | 476 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Cook the cauliflower Preheat the oven to 375°F. Cut the cauliflower into medium sized pieces. Place them in a large saucepan with enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil and cook for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Drain, then mash with butter (to taste), the cream, some salt and some pepper.
2. Setup Chop the garlic and the pistachios. Thinly slice the cucumbers and the onion. Seperate the lettuce leaves.
3. Cook the pork Warm up a pan over medium-high heat. Roast the pistachios for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Remove from the pan. Pat the pork dry. Add salt and pepper on both sides. Add a drizzle of vegetable oil to the pan over medium-high heat. Sear the pork for 1 minute on each side. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until desired doneness.
4. Cook the onion Add the onion to the same pan and cook for 6-8 minutes or until browned. Deglaze with the maple vinegar, for about 1 minute. Add the garlic, the maple syrup, 0.5 2P | 1 3P broth cube and 180 2P | 310 3Pml of water. Bring to a boil and cook over high heat for 5-7 minutes or until the sauce has reduced. Add 1 tbsp. of butter and mix.
5. Make the salad Mix the lettuce with the cucumbers, the pistachios, a drizzle of olive oil, some salt and some pepper. Add balsamic vinegar, to taste.
6. Plate your dish Serve the pork with the sauce, the mashed cauliflower and the salad. Bon appétit!
0.5unitVegetable Broth Cube(s)
What you need Pan, Pot, Strainer, Potato masher, Sheet pan, Tongs, Bowls.
% daily value
% daily value