1. SetupBring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Thinly slice the mushrooms. Finely chop the onion, the garlic and the basil.
2. Cook the pastaAdd the pasta to the boiling water and cook for 7-8 minutes then drain.
3. Cook the mushroomsHeat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, the onion, the capers and the mushrooms. For kids who are not used to capers, it's a good occasion to make them smell and taste at this step. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Make the sauceAdd the tomato coulis, the cream and the basil. Mix well and season to taste.
5. Plate your dishAdd the pasta and the cheese to the sauce. Toss to coat and serve. Bon appetit!