Sausages and Colcannon
sausages with cabbage and green onion mashed potatoes with demi-glace and buttered green peas
35 min. | 725 kcal | easy | |
1. Cook the sausages Preheat the oven to 425°F. Cut the onion into quarters. Place the sausages and onion in a baking dish. Add a drizzle of oil. Bake in the oven for 20-24 minutes until the sausages are cooked in the center.
2. Cook the potatoes Cut the potatoes into small cubes. Put in a saucepan and fill with enough water to cover. Add salt. Bring to a boil and cook for 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain then mash with butter and milk to taste. Set aside.
3. Setup Thinly chop the cabbage and the green onion. Put the demi-glace in a saucepan with 3/4 2P | 1 3P cup of water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 4-6 minutes over medium-low heat until the sauce thickens.
4. Make the Colcannon Heat a drizzle of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the cabbage for 5-8 minutes or until tender. Add salt and pepper. Add 1/4 cup water and 1 tbsp. of butter. Cook 2-3 minutes more until the water has completely evaporated and the cabbage is tender. Add the green onion and mix. Add the cabbage mixture to the mashed potatoes. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
5. Cook the green peas Heat a light drizzle of oil with 1 tbsp. of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the green peas for 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Plate your dish Serve the sausages with the onion, demi-glace, colcannon and green peas. Bon appétit!
4 unit Toulouse sausages
500 g Yellow Potato(es)
100 g Green Cabbage
3 unit Green Onion(s)
30 ml Demi-Glace
180 ml Green Peas
1 unit Red Onion(s)
What you need pot, strainer, pans, sheet pan, whisk, potato masher
% daily value
% daily value