eggs cooked in a tomato and bell pepper sauce garnished with cilantro and feta and with ciabatta
30 min. | 429 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Preheat the oven to 400°F . Cut the bell pepper and the onion into very small cubes. Chop the cilantro and the garlic. Crack the eggs into a small glass each.
2. Cook the vegetables Warm up a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, the pepper and the spices for 3-4 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Add the garlic and 30 2P | 45 3P ml of tomato paste and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Reduce the sauce Add the canned tomato, 1 tbsp. of sugar and 1/2 2P | 3/4 3P cup of water to the pan and simmer for 6-8 minutes over medium heat. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
4. Toast the bread Cut the ciabatta into 2 or 4 slices. Place the bread slices on a baking sheet. Add a drizzle of oil. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until browned. Elsewise, toast in a toaster.
5. Add the eggs With a spoon, make small holes in the sauce and pour the eggs in them. Cover and cook over medium low heat for 6-7 minutes or until the egg whites are cooked.
6. Plate your dish Serve and garnish with the cilantro, the crumbled feta and the slices of bread. Bon appétit!
5gSpice Mix (smoked paprika,cumin powder)
What you need Pan, Sheet pan, bowl
% daily value
% daily value