Scrambled Egg Shakshuka
eggs cooked in a tomato and bell pepper sauce garnished with cilantro and feta and with ciabatta
35 min. | 429 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Preheat the oven to 400°F . Cut the bell pepper and the onion into small cubes. Chop the cilantro and the garlic. Cut the ciabatta into 2 or 4 slices.
2. Cook the vegetables Warm up a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, the pepper and the spices for 3-4 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Add the garlic and 30 2P | 45 3P ml of tomato paste and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Reduce the sauce Put the vegetables, the canned tomato, 1 tbsp. of sugar and 1/2 2P | 3/4 3P cup of water in a food processor or a large container. With the processor or a hand blender, pulse to reduce the majority of the vegetables into a sauce. Return the sauce to the pan and simmer for 8-10 minutes over medium heat. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
4. Toast the bread Place the bread slices on a baking sheet. Add a drizzle of oil. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until browned. Elsewise, toast in a toaster.
5. Plate your dish With a spoon, make small holes at a few places in the sauce and pour the eggs in them. Cover and cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes or until the eggs are cooked. Serve and garnish with the cilantro, the crumbled feta and the slices of bread. Bon appétit!
4gSpice Mix (smoked paprika,cumin powder)
What you need Pan, Sheet pan, Hand blender or Food processor.
% daily value
% daily value