Seared Tuna Steak with Mango Salsa
1. Make the totopos In a large pan, pour a thick layer of oil, about 2 cm. Cut the tortillas into 8 equal triangles and fry in the oil until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels, season with salt and set aside.
2. Setup Seed the tomato. Cut the tomato, mango, onion and garlic into small cubes. Roughly chop the cilantro.
3. Make the salsa In a bowl, mix the tomato, mango, onion( to taste), garlic, cilantro and the juice of half a lime. Season well and set aside.
4. Make the avocado cream In a bowl, mix the guacamole with the yogurt and set aside.
5. Cook the tuna steak "Season the tuna steaks well on both sides. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a pan over high heat. Once the oil is hot, sear the fish about 2-3 minutes on each side. The tuna should still be slightly raw in the middle. Once cooked, remove from heat and immediately squeeze the juice from the other half of the lime over the fish."
6. Plate your dish On a plate, spread a decent layer of avocado cream. Place a tuna steak on top and garnish with mango pico de gallo salsa. Serve with the homemade totopos and enjoy! Bon appétit!
2 unit Tuna Steak(s)
1 unit Greek Yogourt 2%
2 unit Guacamole
1 unit Cilantro
4 unit Wheat tortilla 6in
1 unit Tomato(es)
1 unit Mango(s)
0.5 unit Yellow Onion(s)
0.5 unit Lime
1 unit Garlic Clove(s)
What you need pan, bowl, paper towel
% daily value
% daily value