Summer Asparagus and White Beans Salad
with cucumber, grilled halloumi, toasted pumpkin seeds and a lemon basil dressing
25 min. | 523 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Drain and rinse the white beans. Finely chop the shallot and the basil. Slice the cucumber into half moons. Cut the halloumi into slices. Cut the asparagus into 3-4 pieces each.
2. Toast the pumpkin seeds Warm up a pan over medium-high heat. Toast the pumpkin seeds for 3-4 minutes or until they're lightly browned. Remove from the pan.
3. Cook the halloumi Add a drizzle of oil to the pan. Cook the halloumi slices 1-2 minutes on each side over medium high heat or until browned. Remove from the skillet.
4. Cook the asparagus Add a drizzle of oil to the pan, if needed. Add the asparagus and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
5. Make the sauce Put half of the shallot in a bowl with the juice of half a lemon, the basil, 1/4 2P | 1/3 3P cup of oil, 1 tbsp. of cider vinegar, 1-2 tsp. of sugar, some salt and some pepper. Mix.
6. Plate your dish Place the beans in a large bowl with the cucumber, the remaining shallot, the asparagus, the pumpkin seeds and the dressing. Mix and adjust the salt and pepper, to taste. Serve and garnish with the halloumi. Bon appétit!
300mlWhite Kidney Beans
What you need Bowls, Strainer, Pan, Tongs.
% daily value
% daily value