1. SetupPeel and cut the sweet potato into small cubes. Roughly chop the onion. Cut the apple into small cubes. Drain and rinse the corn.
2. Start the soupHeat a drizzle of oil in a pot over medium high heat. Cook the onion, sweet potato, corn and a few sprigs of thyme leaves for 3-5 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
3. Add the brothAdd the broth cube and 2 2P | 3 3P cups of water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook 15-18 minutes over medium heat. Add the cream then blend into a homogeneous soup using a hand mixer or a blender. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cook the applesHeat a drizzle of oil and 1 tbsp. of butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the apples with the rest of the thyme leaves for 3 minutes. Add the honey and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Remove from the pan.
5. Make the grilled cheeseSpread the goat cheese on the slices of bread and garnish with the apples. Close the sandwich and butter both sides. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Cook the sandwiches 3-4 minutes per side until browned. It can be fun for children to cut the grilled cheese into sticks for dipping.
6. Plate your dishServe the soup with the grilled cheese. Bon appétit!
1unitVegetable Broth Cube(s)
What you needpot, pan, hand mixer or blender, strainer, spatula