with roasted cashew and carrot quinoa with cilantro mint sour cream
35 min. | 451 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Bring a pot of water with the broth cube to a boil. Cut the cauliflower into small pieces. Grate the carrot. Chop the herbs. Zest the lime. Thinly slice the shallot. Roughly chop the nuts.
2. Cook the quinoa Pour in the quinoa in the pot of water and cook 12-15 minutes until tender. Drain then mix with the carrot, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Pickle the shallot Place the shallot in a bowl. Add 1/2 cup of water, ¼ cup of wine or cider vinegar, a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp. of sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Pour over the shallot and let marinate. In another bowl, combine the sour cream with the herbs to taste, zest and juice of half a lime and 1-2 tbsp. of water.
4. Roast the nuts Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Roast the nuts 3-4 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from the pan and add them to the cooked quinoa.
5. Cook the cauliflower Mix the cauliflower with the Tandoori spices, to taste, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Add a drizzle of oil to the pan over medium heat. Cook the cauliflower 8-10 minutes until tender.
6. Plate your dish Serve the cauliflower on the quinoa and garnish with the sour cream, pickled shallot and remaining herbs. Bon appétit!
1unitFresh Mint and Cilantro
1unitVegetable Broth Cube(s)
2unitOrganic Nantes carrot (s)
What you need pan, pots, strainer, tongs, bowls
% daily value
% daily value