Tandoori Cauliflower Pieces
on a bed of roasted cashew and carrot quinoa with cilantro mint sour cream
35 min. | 451 kcal | easy | |
1. Setup Bring a pot of water with the broth cube to a boil. Cut the cauliflower into small pieces. Grate the carrot. Chop the herbs. Zest the lime. Thinly slice the shallot. Roughly chop the nuts.
2. Cook the quinoa Pour in the quinoa and cook 12-14 minutes until tender. Drain then mix with the carrot, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Pickle the shallot Place the shallot in a bowl. Add 1/2 cup of water, ¼ cup of wine or cider vinegar, a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp. of sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Pour over the shallot and let marinate. In another bowl, combine the sour cream with the herbs, zest and juice of half a lime and 1-2 tbsp. of water.
4. Roast the nuts Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Roast the nuts 3-4 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from the pan and add them to the cooked quinoa.
5. Cook the cauliflower Mix the cauliflower with the Tandoori spices, to taste, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Add a drizzle of oil to the pan over medium heat. Cook the cauliflower 8-11 minutes until tender.
6. Plate your dish Serve the cauliflower on the quinoa and garnish with the sour cream and the pickled shallot. Bon appétit!
1 unit Cauliflower
30 ml Tandoori Spices
1 unit Fresh Mint and Cilantro
2 unit Sour Cream
1 unit Lime
1 unit Shallot
180 ml Mixed Quinoa
1 unit Vegetable Broth Cube(s)
1 unit Carrot(s)
30 ml Cashews
What you need pan, pots, strainer, tongs, bowls
% daily value
% daily value