Tuna noodle casserole
with green peas, broccoli, cheddar cheese and crispy panko crust
30 min. | 880 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Cook the noodles Preheat oven to 425°F. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the noodles 5-6 minutes until tender. Drain.
2. Setup Mince the onion. Cut the broccoli into small pieces. Chop the parsley. Put the broth cube in 1 2P | 1.5 3P cups of water. Open the tuna can. Mix the panko with 1 to 2 tbsp of oil.
3. Cook the vegetables Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion and the broccoli 5-6 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Remove from the pan.
4. Make the sauce Add 1 tbsp of butter to the pan. When the butter starts bubbling, add the flour and mix to make a paste. Add the broth and whisk until it becomes a thick sauce. Add 3/4 of the cheddar and mix until it has melted into the sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Bake in the oven Mix the noodles with the tuna, vegetables, peas and the sauce and put in a baking dish. Garnish with the panko and the rest of cheddar and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
6. Plate your dish Serve the noodles and garnish with the parsley and a drizzle of oil to taste. Bon appétit!
0.5unitFresh Italian Parsley
1unitVegetable Broth Cube(s)
What you need pan, pot, baking dish, strainer
% daily value
% daily value