Vegan 'Smoked Salmon' Bagel with Tomato
with vegan cream cheese, capers, pickled shallot and small salad
45 min. | 495 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Cook the tomatoes Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Make an "X" incision on the top of the tomatoes. When the water boils, drop the tomatoes into the pot and cook for 1-2 minutes. Drain then rinse under cold water to facilitate handling.
2. Make the marinade In a food processor, place the nori sheet, liquid smoke and soy sauce. Reduce everything to a homogeneous sauce. Put in a bowl.
3. Marinate the tomatoes Remove the skin from the tomatoes. Cut the tomato into quarters and remove the center with the seeds. It's okay if there's a little seed left on the flesh. Cut the remaining flesh into thin slices. Place the tomato slices in the bowl with the marinade and marinate for at least 25-30 minutes in the refrigerator.
4. Pickle the shallot Thinly slice the shallot and put it in a small bowl. Add 1/2 cup of water, ¼ cup of vinegar, a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp. of sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Pour over the shallot and let marinate.
5. Make the salad Thinly slice the cucumber into half moons. Place in a bowl with the spinach. Add a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Add balsamic vinegar if desired.
6. Plate your dish Toast the bagels to taste. Garnish with the cream cheese, drained marinated tomatoes, shallot and capers. Serve with the salad. Bon appétit!
100gCream Flavoured Spread
95mlSauce Mix (liquid smoke,soy sauce)
What you need pot, strainer, food processor, bowls
% daily value
% daily value